Driving fast can be fun and is definitely an adrenaline rush, but if you get caught, the consequences aren’t usually worth it. If you are exceeding the speed limit by 50Km/h or more, you can receive a stunt driving ticket.
Not only will a stunt driving ticket result in fines and demerit points, your car will be impounded, your license could be suspended, your auto insurance could triple, and you may even face imprisonment.
A lawyer or professional will fight on your behalf to:
• Protect you from demerit points against your license;
• Negotiate against license suspension or imprisonment;
• Obtain the lowest possible fine.
A stunt driving ticket can be won when properly represented by a top traffic lawyer.
The most common reason to be charged with stunt driving is excessive
speed, which is considered 50 km or more over the limit. A stunt driving ticket
is intended to stop races, contests and stunts from being performed on roads
What Is Classified as Stunt
The following examples are considered stunt driving:
- Speeding more than 50 km over the posted speed
- Chasing another vehicle;
- Driving without reasonable consideration of
- Attempting to outdistance another driver;
- Repeatedly changing lanes;
- Driving with intention to "lift tires";
- Deliberately losing wheel traction;
- Driving with a person in the trunk;
- Deliberately speeding;
- Driving while not occupying the driver's seat;
- Slowing vehicle to interfere with traffic;
- Driving too closely to a pedestrian or another vehicle.
Penalties if Convicted
Depending on the jurisdiction where you received a stunt driving ticket,
possible consequences include:
- License suspension, ranging from 7 days to 5
- Car impoundment;
- Fines up to a maximum of $10,000;
Fortunately in many cases, a stunt driving ticket can be successfully
Fighting a Stunt Driving Ticket
Driving at a high speed can be exciting, but if
you get caught, the costs are not as thrilling. A lawyer will assess your case
and create the best possible defense to have your stunt driving ticket reduced
or possibly dismissed.